This is a guest blog written by Carey Sadler of Rivercity Pilates……
You know that blogging can be great for your Pilates business but does the idea of writing regular blogs scare you? Maybe you can’t imagine finding enough to write about or even the time to think about topics. For me I often find that picking a topic to write about is the hard part, but once I know what I am going to blog about it’s just a matter of sitting down to do it. In today’s blog I’m going to give you 48 easy blog ideas! That’s right…enough ideas to do at least 1 blog per week for a year with pretty minimal effort!
Another trick I use is after I create a list of blogs like I did for you today, I go into my site and create a blog with each title in my drafts. That way when I have time to sit and write I don’t have to worry about finding my list or remembering what I was going to write about.
Here’s your list!
- Every month highlight one of your clients. (12 blogs) We call our monthly client spotlight Inspiration of the Month. (Check out some examples of our blogs here.) You could call it whatever you want. Pick some general questions and every month pick a client and send them a nice note telling them how proud you are of their progress and asking them if they would share their Pilates story!! Besides putting their answers in a blog, we also share our client story in our monthly newsletter. Clients love feeling appreciated and sharing their stories and other clients and perspective clients love to read these stories!! (12 blogs)
- At least once a month highlight something going on in your studio (12 blogs). This could be a special event or workshop or could just be a blog highlighting a particular class you offer. For example…What’s so great about reformer class, What to expect in a Tower class, Meal Planning workshop, New Pilates Mat class, Pilates Day celebration, Pilates Paddle board outing, a teacher has added availability, highlight a teacher’s bio, etc. Click to see an example upcoming workshop blog.
Once a month answer a commonly asked question. (I like to keep a running list of questions when clients ask them). If you need some ideas here’s 12 to get you started:
- How do I get started?
- How many times a week should I come?
- What is the most economical pricing option for me?
- What should I wear to class?
- Should I be sore the next day?
- Can I bring a friend to my session with me?
- How many private sessions do I need before doing classes?
- What are your hours of availability of sessions?
- What happens if I get sick and need to cancel?
- How do I sign up for classes?
- How do I schedule a private session?
- What is a semi-private session?
- Once a month do a tutorial on a particular exercise. Instead of writing the whole thing you could video you teaching an exercise and then put the video into a blog. Be sure to pick exercises that look doable for new clients! Basics like how to breath and engage your core are great blog topics! (12 Blogs)
Want to learn more about blogging on a regular basis and still feeling a little nervous? Schedule a complimentary meeting with Becky to talk about how Farm Girl Marketing can help make blogging an easy tool that helps you connect with clients and perspective clients and helps your business grow!
These are absolutely wonderful ideas! Thank you for your generosity! The 12 ideas his to get started is what I need for September!
Lynn Grandjean says
Would love some ideas for blogs please!